Andrew Makepeace's Family Tree
Contact me at:
The most useful starting point is the Tree Layout. Clicking on any name will take you to that person's entry in the Family Group listing. There is also a Surname Index.
I'm just compiling this tree based on research others have done. I'm not doing any research myself. Over time I'm hoping the tree will grow to include as many generations as possible with lots of detail and even photographs. My plan is to grow this tree organically, bit by bit, with contributions from anyone who will send me relevant information.
Please note the following Dos and Don'ts for sending me genealogical information:
- Do Use full names to refer to people. I can't tell who it is if you just use given names. E.g., say "Andrew James Makepeace was born in Winnipeg", not "Andrew was born in Winnipeg."
- Don't identify the person by their relationship to you, or anyone else, e.g., If you say "Grandma Blackwood was born in Ayrshire" it's very difficult to know whom you're talking about.
- Do Use maiden names for women. A wife's married name will be obvious from the name of her husband(s).
- Don't use ambiguous date formats. E.g., saying "Born: 11/12/13" is meaningless. Instead use a non-ambiguous format such as "Born: 11 December 1913". If you are feeling particularly fastidious, the ISO 8601 format is fine too.
- Do organize your information into logical sections and type it up neatly. Great long stream-of-conciousness narratives make it difficult for me to transcribe information accurately.
Part of the organic family-tree growing process involves sending me any corrections or additions to what has already been compiled. That means that you are welcome to send me incomplete information, and I will post in on the web anyway. Perhaps someone else will read it and be able to fill in the facts that you were missing.
The best way to send me information is to use the above email address. If you already have information written out on paper and you don't want to retype it then you can send it to me by mail:
#203 - 144 Brunswick St.
Penticton, BC V2A 5P7